In a heart-wrenching incident that unfolded at Oton, beyond the Vigilante Checking Point in Sapele, Delta state, the community witnessed the untimely demise of a 19-year-old boy known as Lucky.
The tragedy occurred this morning, December 7, leaving the neighborhood in shock and disbelief.
According to information, Lucky's tragic end was a result of a drug overdose during an intimate encounter with a young lady. Reports indicate that Lucky had consumed a significant quantity of drugs before engaging in the activities with the girl he had brought home the night before.
Eyewitnesses at the scene revealed that Lucky had paid the girl 50,000 Naira for their encounter. After two rounds of intimacy, the young man, unfortunately, succumbed to the adverse effects of the drugs he had ingested earlier.
The girl, recounting the events, shared that after their encounter, Lucky's demeanor abruptly changed, and in distress, he accidentally threw her phone to the ground. Unaware of the gravity of the situation, she had no idea he was grappling with the effects of drug use.
Around 4 am, the young lady noticed that Lucky was unresponsive. In a hurry to leave, she took Lucky's phone but later realized she had forgotten her own phone at his place. When she returned to retrieve it, Lucky's absence had been noticed by his neighbors, prompting them to question her. Her nervous behavior raised suspicions, leading to her apprehension. Subsequently, the police were involved in the matter.
The police collected both phones, and Lucky's lifeless body was evacuated from the scene. As of the time of this report, details about Lucky's family remain unknown. However, neighbors disclosed that he had spoken about his late mother and mentioned his grandmother.
The tragic incident serves as a poignant reminder of the dangers associated with substance abuse and the unforeseen consequences that can arise from such choices. The community mourns the loss of a young life, and the circumstances surrounding Lucky's demise underscore the importance of awareness and education regarding drug abuse.