Babajide Sanwo-Olu, of forcefully trying to impose Badagry Constituency 1 & 2 candidates on the House of Assembly during the primaries for his selfish political interests.
One of the aggrieved youths, who identified himself as Mr. Joseph Sewanu, said reliable sources informed him that the governor had instructed his Chief of Staff, Mr. Tayo Ayinde, to ensure that his preferred candidates won in the Badagry primary elections.
He further identified the governor’s preferred candidates as former Special Adviser to the Governor on Arts and Culture, who resigned to join the political race, Mr. Bonu Solomon Saanu for Badagry Constituency 1 and Engr. Setonji David Samuel for Badagry Constituency 2.
Joseph added that his sources also confirmed that the names of the governor’s preferred candidates had been given to the four traditional rulers in the two constituencies.
The monarchs were said to include the Oniworo of the Iworo Kingdom, Oba Oladele Kosoko; Onimeke of the Imeke Kingdom, Oba Abraham Ogabi; and Aholu of Kweme, Oba Sejiro James.
“The Governor has promised the Obas brand new cars next month and has threatened that any of them that go against his preferred candidates will not be receiving the cars and their allowances will further be withheld."
“The APC chairman has also instructed the party faithful to ensure the governor’s interest in Bonu Solomon is affected at all costs." An INEC (Independent National Electoral Commission) official was recorded this morning when he was talking to the group that he could not go against the governor’s wishes, saying that even if anyone wins, "I will declare it lost".
“We are using this opportunity to beg Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to allow free and fair elections at the primaries so we can vote for the candidate of our choice,” Joseph added.
Ojo Sunday Victor, A Professional Graphics Designer, and a skilled Content Writer in Entertainment, News and Sport Update.!An Undergraduate in Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH, Ogbomoso). Read More
The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has again reviewed the curfew imposed on the state to curb the civil unrest in the aftermath of the #EndSARS protests against police brutality.Sanwo-Olu had eased the 24-hour curfew on Friday to start from 6pm to 8am.But in a notice on Sunday evening by his Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso, the governor said the curfew time is now between the hours of 8pm and 6am, meaning that residents can go ou...
The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council (OYC) has accused Nigerian security personnel of stripping naked and manhandling Igbo women who came to the Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday to demonstrate their support for Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).The group demands that security agencies apologize for the alleged assault.It called the security personnel's acts sacrilegious and said they reeked of hatred for the Igbo people. The youn...
Be first to comment