DIEGO COSTA WANTS ATHLETICO MADRID RETURN
Diego Costa has told Atletico Madrid he wants to sign for them again, according to reports in England.
The Chelsea striker revealed on June 8 that he had received a message from manager Antonio Conte telling him he was not in his plans at Stamford Bridge for next season.
If Costa moved back to Atletico he would not be able to play until January because FIFA has banned them from registering players during this transfer window. Costa, 28, scored 20 goals in 35 league appearances in their title-winning campaign last season, The London club signed Costa from Atletico three years ago for £32m when Jose Mourinho was manager.
Diego Simeone speaks on leaving Atletico Madrid
Atletico Madrid head coach Diego Simeone has insisted that nobody has personally told him to leave the club.Rumours have persisted that Simeone, 52, could be set to end this 11-year stay at Atletico Madrid at the end of the season.However, the Argentine has now stated that no one at the club has asked him to quit the La Liga giants.Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Atletico Madrid’s Copa del Rey tie with Levante on Wednesday night, Simeone said whe...
Diego Simeone reveals who to blame as Barcelona beat Atletico Madrid 1-0
Diego Simeone, the manager of Atletico Madrid, has acknowledged that his team only has themselves to blame for Sunday's 1-0 LaLiga loss to Barcelona.Simeone claimed that his Atletico Madrid players could have achieved a better result at the Estadio Metropolitano if they had been more aggressive against Barcelona.In spite of the fact that Ferran Torres and Stefan Savic were both dismissed for fighting off the ball, Barcelona defeated Atletico Madrid 3-0 thanks to an...
Diego Simeone spills on why Atletico Madrid will never sign Ronaldo
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has insisted the club should not entertain the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo due to his links with Real Madrid.Atletico Madrid was one of the clubs Ronaldo was linked with in the summer after he announced his desire to leave Old Trafford.The 37-year-old’s agent, Jorge Mendes, held talks with Atletico but nothing concrete was reached, and Simeone has opened up, adamant that his side was never preparing to sign Ronaldo given his histo...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.