According to a number of credible sources, Borussia Dortmund attacker Erling Haaland will be confirmed as a Manchester City player this week.
City are expected to pay the £63 million release clause in Haaland's Dortmund contract, and the transaction will be revealed later this week. The prolific Norwegian forward is likely to join Pep Guardiola's team for the start of preseason.
The Athletic reports that the transfer is a "done deal," citing sources in Germany, with confirmation expected later this week.
According to the source, personal conditions between the 21-year-old and the city were agreed upon last month. Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich have all expressed interest in Haaland.
Speaking on Sunday, Dortmund’s sporting director, Sebastian Kehl, said that he expected Haaland’s future to be clarified soon.
“I know what is in the contract, we are bound by the exit clause,” Kehl told Sport1.
“We have tried in the last few months to reach a decision on Erling’s future. But then came the death of Mino Raiola.
“Unfortunately, the issue has dragged on a bit. But I think we will have clarity in the next week.”
Haaland has scored 85 times in 88 appearances for Dortmund, making him one of the most lethal strikers in world football.
Haaland debut in the US?
Reports have suggested he could be paid around £500,000 a week by Manchester City. And American fans could get their first sight of him in the blue city.
Pep Guardiola’s men face Club America from Mexico in Houston on July 21.
Haaland played in Dortmund’s 3-1 win over Greuther Furth at the weekend but did not score. However, he blasted a hat-trick in the 4-3 defeat at home to Bochum last weekend.
His last game for the club will be this Saturday’s final game of the Bundesliga season at home to Hertha Berlin.
Dortmund will finish in second place. But they are 10 points behind Bayern Munich, who wrapped up their 10th straight title last month.
Be first to comment