Ronaldo Denies Rape Allegation
The five times balloon d'or winner Cristiano Ronaldo has denied the accusations of rape against him, saying yesterday Wednesday that he had a "clear conscience" as he awaits the conclusions of an investigation.
The superstar has been accused of rape by Kathryn Mayorga, a former model from the US. She has said the star football player raped her in a hotel in Las Vegas in 2009.
"I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me. Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in. Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense," Ronaldo said in a statement.
Mayorga filed a civil lawsuit in Nevada last week seeking monetary damages from Ronaldo, according to lawyer Larissa Drohobyczer.
The civil lawsuit filed in state court in Las Vegas alleges Ronaldo raped Mayorga, who was then 24, in his penthouse suite at a Las Vegas hotel and hired a team of what the document called "fixers" to shape a monetary settlement, obstruct a police criminal investigation and trick Mayorga into taking $375,000 to keep quiet.
Drohobyczer said Tuesday that Mayorga, now 34, was "emotionally fragile" and agreed to an out-of-court financial settlement nine years ago because she never wanted her name made public.
In an Instagram video posted hours after the suit was filed, Ronaldo appeared to deny the allegations.
Transfer: Osimhen’s agent Calenda denies contact with PSG
Victor Osimhen’s agent Roberto Calenda has denied reaching an agreement with Paris Saint-Germain over a summer move for the Napoli striker.It was reported in the French media on Tuesday that Calenda has struck a deal with PSG sporting director Luis Campos.Osimhen was said not to be interested in joining the Ligue 1 champions as he reportedly favours a move to a Premier League club or Bayern Munich.“Everything that is being said is false. It’s early to talk about the...
5 things to know about Achraf Hakimi, Hiba Abouk amid rape scandal
Achraf Hakimi and his wife, Hiba Abouk, have been on the verge of separation as the Paris Saint-Germain full-back is at the moment being investigated after being charged with rape.Hakimi is accused of raping a 24-year-old lady in his home in Boulogne, Paris, on February 25, while his wife and children were on holiday, as first reported by Le Parisien.However, the 24-year-old’s lawyer and representative, Fanny Colin, has denied all the accusations against his client....
Hazard speaks on leaving Real Madrid in 2023, denies Chelsea return
Real Madrid attacking midfielder Eden Hazard has insisted that it is possible for him to leave the club in the summer of 2023.Hazard also claimed that Chelsea have never attempted to re-sign him.The Belgium international has struggled with constant injury issues since he joined Real Madrid from Chelsea back in 2019.When asked if Chelsea have ever asked for him to return to Stamford Bridge, Hazard told Marca: “No.”He added, “In January, it will be impossible for me t...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.