Chelsea confirmed via their website that arrangements have been completed for the new ownership group led by Boehly to purchase the Stamford Bridge club.
Following the completion of his £3.5 billion takeover, Boehly replaces Roman Abramovich, who owned Chelsea for 19 years.
The Raine Group, the US bank handling the sale, nominated his consortium, which includes Dodgers co-owner Mark Walters, British businessman Jonathan Goldstein, Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss, and US investment firm Clearlake Capital, as the preferred bidder to take over Chelsea.
What are some of the things you need to know about the new Chelsea owner?
1. Boehly is 46 years old, according to Forbes, worth around £3.6 billion ($4.5bn).
2. He is already a part-owner of both the Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Dodgers. He holds a 27 per cent stake in the Lakers and a 20 per cent stake in the Dodgers.
3. This is not the first time Boehly has shown an interest in football either, with reports suggesting that he tried to buy the West London club back in 2019 as well. Luckily, the sanctions against Roman Abramovich following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, gave him the chance to finally make his move.
4. Boehly’s career began as CS First Boston in New York in 1996, a division of Credit Suisse, after graduating with a degree in finance. He then moved to JH Witney & Co and then to Guggenheim Partners in 2001.
5. Boehly has worked alongside Mark Walter for a considerable length of time, with the latter also part of the Chelsea consortium. Boehly is also known for his philanthropy, having invested in a number of charities.
Ojo Sunday Victor, A Professional Graphics Designer, and a skilled Content Writer in Entertainment, News and Sport Update.!An Undergraduate in Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH, Ogbomoso). Read More
For two reasons, according to Chelsea chairman Todd Boehly, the team signed defender James Reece to a long-term deal.Reece received a long-term contract from Chelsea, according to Boehly, because the English international is "an outstanding player and a true Chelsea man."Reece on Monday agreed to a new six-year contract with Chelsea that would keep him at Stamford Bridge through the year 2028.Reacting, Boehly told the club’s official website: “We are thrilled to giv...
The Portuguese government has approved Roman Abramovich’s sale of Chelsea FC to the Todd Boehly consortium.Abramovich was sanctioned and had his assets frozen by the United Kingdom government.The Russian oligarch then put the Stamford Bridge outfit up for sale in early March following the Russian invasion of Ukraine.The deal, worth more than $5 billion, will see an ownership group led by Todd Boehly take control.Abramovich has Portuguese citizenship and, due to sanc...
The Premier League has given its approval to Todd Boehly's consortium's proposed takeover of Chelsea.The transaction is anticipated to be completed later this month by a group led by US businessman Peter Boehly and supported by Clearlake Capital Group, Hansjorg Wyss, Mark Walter, and others. They are currently pending UK government permission.The Premier League Board accepted the Todd Boehly/Clearlake Consortium's proposed takeover of Chelsea Football Club on Tuesda...
Be first to comment