Transfer: No better place to be – Osimhen speaks on leaving Napoli
Napoli striker Victor Osimhen has said he intends to stay with the Serie A champions, insisting there is “no better place to be than here”.
The Super Eagles star scored 31 goals in 39 appearances last season as Napoli clinched the Scudetto for the first time in 33 years.
In the off-season, Osimhen has been attracting interest from Chelsea, Manchester United, and Liverpool.
Napoli will demand over 100 million for the 24-year-old, who was named Serie A Striker of the Year.
However, speaking with SoccerNet, Osimhen said: “I have never seen a city crazier about football like the way the Neapolitans are.
“They show all their players love. And wherever I go, I am respected. Kids love me; a lot of people admire me, and they idolize me by putting on a replica of my mask.
“It shows the hard work I have given to them and what I mean to them. And for me, there’s no better place to be than this place.
“I am so happy I made the right choice by coming here.”
Joleon Lescott pinpoints one key area Haaland better than Messi
Former Manchester City defender, Joleon Lescott, has pinpointed one key area in which striker Erling Haaland is better than Paris Saint-Germain’s Lionel Messi.Haaland and Messi have been impressive for their respective club sides so far this season.The Norway international has scored 19 goals and provided three assists across all competitions for Man City, while Messi has scored eight goals and provided eight assists for PSG in 13 appearances across all competitions...
I see it happening – Ex-player speaks on Salah leaving Liverpool for Saudi club
Former Liverpool man John Aldridge has said that he can see Mohamed Salah leaving Anfield for the Saudi Arabia club if he is offered a £1 million-a-week salary and the Reds get a good fee for him.Salah is the latest big name to be linked with a mega-money offer from the Middle East this summer.The Egyptian international is reportedly the subject of strong transfer interest from Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad, who themselves are prepared to sign the former Chelsea for...
La Liga: He has received support – Ancelotti speaks on Vinicius Jr leaving Real Madrid
After the Brazilian winger suffered racial taunts last weekend at Valencia, Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti insisted that Vinicius Junior would not be leaving the team this summer.Vinicius has support from his Brazilian international teammates, according to Ancelotti.During Real Madrid's 1-0 La Liga away loss on Sunday at the Mestalla, a sizable contingent of Valencia supporters targeted Vinicius, making monkey gestures and noises at the 22-year-old attacker.Spe...
Download Naijacrawl App today
Fastest way to read on the go
Download the Naijacrawl App.